Sunday, August 12, 2007

Small Miracles In Elvis Week

August 16 is the 30th anniversary of Elvis' death. So, there's been a lot of activity the last week or so on the King front. This is good news for me. Every once in a while, usually at this time of year, I need my Elvis fix. So, I was glad that my local (well, syndicated) oldie station is having an Elvis weekend, and that TV Land of all stations is making August Elvis month. Why is this all good? Sometimes, I wonder if Elvis' music and legend will die with the generation that grew up with him. So, any sort of recognition (American Idol's Elvis night) is an education to young kids. But what really put a smile on my face was a Sunday commentary in my local paper by a local musician who is of Elvis' age, praising him and praising the explosian of Rock. It's small things like this that keep me inspired and tuned in to the musician more than the Icon.
Add to Technorati Favorites