Friday, September 28, 2007

2008 Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Ballot

Once again I've ranked my 9 choices.

1. Madonna - Cultural icon, dance icon and a string of classic Pop records
2. Donna Summer - Disco icon with a string of classic Dance singles
3. Chic - Not just a great Disco group, but a great group
4. John Mellencamp - If Jackson Browne and Bob Seger, why not him
5. Beastie Boys - White boys can rap, they can also create classic hip hop meets rock albums
6. Leonard Cohen - Brilliantly dark lyrics, but I want Randy Newman
7. Dave Clark Five - At their best - great singles with great drum sound
8. Ventures - the novelty of having an all instrumental Pop group in the Hall is oddly appealing
9. Afrika Bambaataa - Hip Hop pioneer as DJ and Producer, but at first I was all for this nomination. But after listening to his catalog, I'll need more convincing
Add to Technorati Favorites