Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Records I've Never Heard

Even after all these years there are still critically acclaimed records that I've never heard. Most of these are out of print or I can't find cheaply used. I've done a pretty good job in my life finding and listening to most of these types of records. But some have alluded me.
I'm happy to report that I can now cross Nick Lowe's Jesus of Cool a/k/a Pure Pop For Now People off my list. This 1978 album has just been reissued by Yep Roc and padded out with bonus tracks it'll probably be one of my top reissues of the year. I've been looking for this album and it's 1979 followup, Labour of Lust, but could never find a used copy. Most of these two albums appeared on Lowe's only US compilation, Basher.
So, a good find and I expect the folks at Yep Roc will do the same with Labour of Lust. Because I've grown tired of looking for it.
Add to Technorati Favorites