Sunday, March 30, 2008

Maze Of A Mess

In my area, I have a few small record stores, but their prices are too high. I get better bargains buying used online. But for newer releases, I have no choice but to get them the week they come out, and that means heading to a Target or Best Buy. I used to go to Circuit City, but customer service is so poor there, that it's always last on my stop. The best time to buy new CD's is the week they're out. You can find, not at Border's mind you, but at the retail stores one for under $10. Today, while looking at the CD section at Target, a woman was asking a poor, clueless youngster where the new Jack Johnson and Sheryl Crow CD's are located. She was looking through the new releases and gave up. You can feel their pain. The poor kid finally tracked them down, but this is the future of music retail. If you're lucky, you live in an area that has good independent stores. I'm not knocking these places. For me their prices are too high, but for you paying a couple of extra dollars might help steer you clear of the future mess that will be record buying.
Add to Technorati Favorites