Sunday, June 08, 2008

More Stupid Artist Tales

Looking for new Summer songs to add to my Ipod, I came across "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock, which is not a remake of the Beach Boys song, but a mash of "Werewolves of London" and "Sweet Home Alabama". Good fun summer song. Not interested in buying his album I go to Itunes and decide to was 99 cents. But Kid Rock's not there. And then it dawned on me that Rock is managed by Bob Seger's team and they don't believe in cherry-picking singles, but want you to download whole albums. Thus, Seger and Kid Rock aren't on Itunes. But the stupidity of these people is startling. Here's what I did. Loaded up Limewire and searched for the Kid Rock song, and surprise, tons of files. Just when I get tired of blogging about stupid artists like Garth Brooks and AC/DC who don't want you to buy their songs or albums from Itunes, along comes another. But all I could think while on Limewire was, Kid Rock's not on Itunes. Kid freakin' Rock!
Add to Technorati Favorites