Friday, September 05, 2008

Essential 3.0

Sony/Legacy has upgraded some of their Essential series with Essential 3.0. The third disc in these series are a 7 track upgrade. I haven't gotten all of them, but its interesting that they've priced 3.0 the same as the first Essential. Anyway, thanks to the extra 7 songs all of the original ones are better. My favorite of all of these series was the one from Earth, Wind & Fire. But it was missing their last R&B #1 from 1987, "System of Survival". And its been added here. Of the ones I do have all get added songs that were missing. Which brings me to the Billy Joel. I know how compilers figure these things out. No need to put every hit on a comp, otherwise people won't buy catalog titles. But it made no sense to leave out "Big Shot" from the original Essential. Its been added here. I've got to caution though. If you have the original's I wouldn't spend an extra $15 bucks to get 7 more songs. But if you've held out, then 3.0's are the way to go. Sony says their limited editions, so budget wisely.
Add to Technorati Favorites