Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wrapping Up 2008?

Two year end lists I'm just now getting to. Robert Christgau used to put his up when he was at the Village Voice. His Dean's List is now at his URL above, but I didn't find much there that I haven't got or streamed already. Looking over the 1-50 rankings on the Chuck Eddy Rhapsody page (he goes up to 150) , only 1 CD jumped out at me. Outside of the Ross Johnson, which I already have, and maybe the Donnie Iris reissues, the only CD that I forgot to check out in 2008 that appeals to me was the Rick Springfield one. A fan of his 2004 Shock/Denial/Anger/Acceptance, I meant to stream it upon release. Eddy's initial review never got me running for a copy, though, yet his high ranking has me interested. I'll look for a used copy. As I'm doing with the Erykah Badu from 2008 which placed 5th in Pazz & Jop. Usually, I have a lot of catching up to do, but leaving it at those 2, I feel pretty good about giving 2008 a rest.
Add to Technorati Favorites