Sunday, April 05, 2009

2009 Songwriters Hall of Fame

Not sure how I missed this Songwriters Hall of Fame Announces 2009 Inductees - Vintage Vinyl News - MOG. But the names that sticks out at me: Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora. As someone who wants Bon Joni in the Rock Hall I should be happy about this, until I remembered the names of classic rockers and Pop artists that aren't in the Songwriters Hall of Fame: Pete Townshend, Neil Young, Bob Seger, John Mellencamp, Cat Stevens and Ray Davies just to throw some names at you. Oh and David Gates and Abba. And Merle Haggard. Come on who are these voters, and how did Bon Jovi jump ahead of those names. BTW- I remember when the SHOF was broadcast on Bravo. It's been without a TV broadcast for a few years. Does anyone know they still exist?
Add to Technorati Favorites