Sunday, April 11, 2010

Eargasm

We used to have 2 Top 40 AM radio stations here in the 70's. They both died with the appeal of FM in the late 70's. But they were pure Top 40 AM. You'd hear anything that was on the Billboard Top 100. They also gave away free stuff. One gave away the week's Top 10 singles. I won once. The other gave away random albums. I won once, too. It was Johnnie Taylor's 1976 Eargasm, the one that had his #1 "Disco Lady" on it. Not a great album at all. But I have it in my CD collection for memories only. I'm sure others have stuff like that in their collection. Singles or albums that weren't all that great, but stir memories.
Taylor has passed away, but whenever I hear "Disco Lady" on an oldies channel, I'm taken right back to that moment I picked up the phone and got excited that I won a free album. Even went to the radio station to pick it up.
Add to Technorati Favorites