Sunday, January 29, 2012

Music Bloggers

One of the most interesting essays in the 2011 Best Music Writing Book  (Da Capo) comes from a Blogger.  No, not someone who writes for a magazine or gets paid to blog online, but an actual blogger.  I can relate.  I first started my Music Page in the late 90's.  It wasn't on Blogger, but somewhere else.  When that one began to charge for its services, I ended up here in 2005.

But I've always felt that Music journalists have looked down on those of us who started giving our opinions when the Internet came aboard.  No, I've never written for Rolling Stone or Creem Magazine  or Crawdaddy, but before I started blogging I considered myself a good old fashioned music critic.  I knew my music history.  Knew almost every genre.   Listened to today's music while continuing to learn about the past.
I'm still doing the latter today. So much to learn.

So, it's gratifying that the Music Book series is now embracing online bloggers.  Maybe they'll find me next.
Add to Technorati Favorites