Friday, February 22, 2013

Rumours

The 35th anniversary reissue of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours has given some haters of the band a chance to sound off on Facebook and Twitter.  I'm surprised that there are those who don't like that album.  It seemed to be critic proof and is much deserving of its classic status.
But then again I remembered that some people just hate the idea of mega-selling albums.  When you hear something on the radio for a whole year and see it topping the charts and see the artist on every magazine cover its bound to get on your nerves.

Yet, I haven't read a good explanation from those as to why they hate the album.  Just a bunch of "can't stand it" retreads on social networks.
Don't be fooled folks.  Rumours is still damn great, as is the 1975 self-titled album.  I've learned to believe in what I believe and damn the haters.

And besides, hating on Fleetwood Mac is so 1980's.
Add to Technorati Favorites