Sunday, September 10, 2017

R.I.P. Don Williams

Don Williams may have been the most unlikely Country Superstar of the 70's/80's.  His mellow delivery, which could be traced back to someone like Jim Reeves,  was a steady presence on the Country charts for two decades.  How much of a presence;  17 #1's and 45 Top 10's.
Inducted into the Country Hall in 2010, his steady string of hits showed what a master he was at delivering a great song.  His death is a perfect time to rediscover the many gems in his catalog.

Williams only had one Pop crossover song, 1980's, "I Believe In You", which peaked at #24.

Below are 20 of my favorite Don Williams songs:

1.  I Believe In You
2.  Tulsa Time
3.  Till The Rivers Run Dry
4.  Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good
5.  If I Needed You (w/Emmylou Harris)
6.  Good Ole Boys Like Me
7.  It Must Be Love
8.  Love Is On A Roll
9.  Some Broken Hearts Never Mend
10. Rake and Ramblin' Man
11. If Hollywood Don't Need You
12. Ties That Bind
13. Love Me Over Again
14. I've Been Loved By The Best
15. I'm Just A Country Boy
16. I Wouldn't Want To Live If You Didn't Love Me
17. That's The Thing About Love
18. Lay Down Beside Me
19. Back In My Younger Days
20. Listen To The Radio
Add to Technorati Favorites