Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Best Beatles Solo Songs

First posted this in 2015.  Updated it in 2017.  And now here's another update for 2021. 

I was originally going to rank the Beatles' Top 40 solo songs.  But I thought that wouldn't be fair. McCartney always had the most prolific solo career, even when John and George were alive. Ringo's
solo career bottoms out after 1975, John didn't release anything from 1976-1980.  George stayed active through his entire post-Beatles life.  For the George list, I didn't include any Traveling Wilburys songs as those were mostly a collaborative effort. 

So here's my list of each Beatles' Top 10 solo songs, consisting of album cuts and singles.  

Paul
1.  Jet
2.  Maybe I'm Amazed
3.  Band On The Run
4.  Live and Let Die
5.  Listen To What The Man Said
6.  Silly Love Songs
7.  Let Me Roll It
8.  Take It Away
9.  Let 'Em In
10. With A Little Luck

Ringo
1.  It Don't Come Easy
2.  Photograph
3.  Back Off Boogaloo
4.  Early 1970
5.  Oh My My
6.  Snookeroo
7.  You're Sixteen
8.  No No Song
9.  Wrack My Brain
10. I'm The Greatest

George
1.  My Sweet Lord
2.  Give Me Love
3.  What Is Life
4.  Crackerbox Palace
5.  Blow Away
6.  Got My Mind Set On You
7.  I'd Have You Anytime
8.  All Things Must Pass
9.  All Those Years Ago
10.  Any Road

John
1.  Instant Karma
2.  Imagine
3.  Jealous Guy
4.  #9 Dream
5.  God
6.  Watching The Wheels
7.  (Just Like) Starting Over
8.  Nobody Told Me
9.  Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
10. Mind Games

Bonus Tracks: Best of Paul's Duets & the Traveling Wilburys

Paul
Ebony & Ivory - w/Stevie Wonder
Get It - w/Carl Perkins
Nothing Too Much Just Out Of Sight - as the Fireman w/Youth
Say Say Say w/Michael Jackson
Sing The Changes - as the Fireman w/Youth
The Girl Is Mine - w/Michael Jackson
What's That You're Doing - w/Stevie Wonder

George
End of the Line - Traveling Wilburys
Handle With Care - Traveling Wilburys
Heading For The Light - Traveling Wilburys

Add to Technorati Favorites