Sunday, November 07, 2021

My Top 25 Albums from 1996-2021 (Pitchfork Poll)

 For their 25th anniversary, Pitchfork asked their readers to list their Top 25 albums from 1996-2021. Not an easy task, which is why I went and did it anyway.  The list below is not in any kind of order, although my top 2 picks would probably be the same if I spent a few more days thinking about it. Most of these 25 choices were taken from my musical memory bank, but I did consult my year-end lists from the last couple of decades. Of course, right after hitting the send button, a bunch of albums popped up in my brain that I would have loved to include.   

  • #1 : Amy Winehouse: Back to Black
  • #2 : Adele: 21
  • #3 : Moby - Play
  • #4 : Fountains of Wayne - Utopia Parkway  
  • #5 : Billy Bragg & Wilco - Mermaid Avenue 
  • #6 : Lucinda Williams: Car Wheels on a Gravel Road
  • #7 : Lauryn Hill - Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
  • #8 : DJ Shadow: Endtroducing...
  • #9 : D'Angelo - Voodoo
  • #10 : Drive-By Truckers - Southern Rock Opera
  • #11 : The White Stripes: White Blood Cells
  • #12 : Rodney Crowell - Houston Kid
  • #13 : Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
  • #14 : Franz Ferdinand: Franz Ferdinand
  • #15 : Dixie Chicks - Fly
  • #16 : The Hold Steady: Separation Sunday
  • #17 : Miranda Lambert - Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
  • #18 : Maxwell: Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite
  • #19 : Michael Kiwanuka - Kiwanuka
  • #20 : Lizzo - 'Cuz I Love You
  • #21 : Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer Different Park
  • #22 : Daft Punk: Random Access Memories
  • #23 : Chris Stapleton - Traveller
  • #24 : Sturgill Simpson - Metamodern Sounds In Country Music
  • #25 : Jason Isbell - Nashville Sound

Add to Technorati Favorites