Wednesday, May 11, 2022

RIP the Ipod

 I wrote the below post in September 2014, when Apple announced it was discontinuing the Ipod Classic. Now 8 years later, Apple has announced that they are discontinuing all of their Ipods.  

Apple announced 2 weeks ago it was discontinuing the Ipod Classic.  I still have mine.  A 20GB one that holds just under 4000 songs.  What I have on it are the cream of my music collection.  In other words, the best Elvis Presley songs, not all Elvis Presley songs.

But while I still played the Ipod, I didn't use it as often.  In fact, I rarely took any songs off it.  The last time I made a major change on it was 3 years ago. 

The Ipod came out in October 2001, and I think I bought mine for Christmas.  Remember the Ipod Mini?  Yeah, I had one of those as well, but sold it years ago.  With Iphones able to do what the Ipod could do, Apple didn't see a need to keep it around.

But I'll never get rid of mine.  It's still a thrill to hit the old Shuffle Songs option and be amazed at what's going to come up.  That's what made the Ipod the legend it was.  Some people made Playlists, but I never did.  It was all about the Shuffle.

There were some sad posts about the death of the IClassic.  But mine is still alive.  Still handy whenever I need a fix.  4000 songs strong.  Just waitin' to be shuffled.


Add to Technorati Favorites