Saturday, May 26, 2007

Crumbling Fences

I've been warming up to the idea that Heart belong in the RRHOF. I can see some influence, and it was apparent in the 2007 VH1 Rock Honors show. But critics were iffy about them, so there chances still seem slim. I'm not totally committed to their induction, but my fence is bending. Another group honored on that show were Genesis. Big sellers who also weren't loved by the rock press. Phil Collins as a solo artist definitely belongs in the Hall, but his chances are pretty much zilch, since he too wasn't loved by anyone if the journalistic elite who control the Hall's nominee system. So, Collins is a yes, Genesis a strong maybe, and Heart getting closer. See, I'm more open-minded about this than the Hall's nominating committee. Now, about Rush.
Add to Technorati Favorites