Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Rush In Rolling Stone Magazine

I wish I could tell you that I would vote for Rush in the Rock Hall, but I can't. Longevity is nice and Rush's fans at least deserve to see their idols on the ballot, but I just can't check them off. But I wouldn't be surprised if they got in on the first ballot. It's not that I don't like them. Moving Pictures surprised me when I revisited it for this article and a lot of their songs hold up better than the albums from where they came. But I had to chuckle when I saw a feature on the band in Rolling Stone. It got a lot of people thinking that maybe Rush's time for the Hall is soon. I mean, Jann Wenner green light's an article on a band that the magazine has ignored since their inception. So, good for Geddy and the boys. I won't cringe if they are on the ballot. But a band I liked better got a 3 star review in the same magazine, albeit with a new lead singer: Journey.
Add to Technorati Favorites