Sunday, September 28, 2008

Who I'm Rooting For

If it wasn't for certain artists to root for, would you lose interest in the RRHOF? Well, as someone who's been a follower of the Hall since day one, I wouldn't, but having names to look forward to each year, sure makes it easier.
Outside of Stevie Ray Vaughan, I've been hoping for the Spinners, Randy Newman and Gram Parsons. To the Hall's stupidity, the Spinners have never been nominated. Randy Newman was once and Gram Parsons 3 times. The latter is a another blemish for the Hall. Parsons has influenced a whole generation of alt-country/rock acts. Newman's problem was his movie music, but his albums of the 70's are classics. As was his 2008 release.

By the way, I do this with Country Music Hall of Fame as well. For years, I kept hoping they would induct Tom T. Hall, and this year they did. Now I'm rooting for Charlie Rich and Ray Charles.
Add to Technorati Favorites