Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My All Country 2009 Pazz & Jop Ballot

Since I complained about not enough Country albums or singles getting into Pazz & Jop, I feel personal pressure to back all this up by listing nothing but a Country-oriented ballot for 2009. But since I vote in the Nashville Scene poll, I don't know if its necessary, unless the 10 best albums I hear in 2009 turn out to be Country ones. In fact my own Voice ballot had 3 Country singles but only 1 Country album (okay, 2 if you want to count Alejandro Escovedo, who seems more Rock than Country to me). I couldn't vote for Raphaal Saadiq in the Scene Poll, but I could in the Voice one. Yet, I hear enough Country and non-Country to make out a ballot with no problems (and a lot of exclusions) for both polls.
Add to Technorati Favorites