Wednesday, September 23, 2009

2010 Rock Hall Nominee Thoughts

You'll get a deeper analysis of all the Rock Hall Nominees at Future Rock Legends

As for me, here are my quick thoughts:
2 years in a row, Stevie Ray Vaughan has been snubbed. Why?
Good to see people that should be in the Hall getting nominated for the first time: Kiss, Genesis, Hollies
Good to see Abba back on the list for the 2nd time.
Jimmy Cliff is interesting. Made a great movie, some classic songs. But why am I not moved?
But there are some weak nominees here: Laura Nyro, Chantels, Darlene Love. I'm no big fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
I do like LL Cool J.
The Stooges are way overdue. But that's the understatment of the year.
Of all the nominees I'm rooting for Donna Summer.
People who say Prog-Rock gets no respect. This Genesis is for you.
Among the missing nominees from last year: Chic and War.

I could go on for days about who else should get nominated instead of Nyro, etc. Like Gram Parsons, Yes, Chic, Spinners. But for now this is all I'll rant about.
Add to Technorati Favorites