Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pack Rats

There's a site from England Pop FreakyTrigger that is reviewing and commenting on every #1 British single. I sometimes add my 2 cents, usually where the song peaked on the U.S. charts. But one thing I've noticed is how there is a pack mentality to this site. If the moderator, who reviews these #1's doesn't like it, most of the board won't either. But not me. I seem to be liking more stuff than him and the board. "I Want To Know What Love Is", "We Are The World", the cheesier "Dancing In The Street" from Bowie/Jagger. All panned, all liked by me.
For a contrast go to I Love Music which is U.S. moderated and has a ton of topics to comment on. The same board had a running one on "We Are The World" and the Foreigner song and most people liked it.
Maybe it's a U.S. vs. Britain chart thing. Because most of their #1's didn't hit #1 (or even hit at all) in the States. So, I'm going to continue to stick my neck out and just go with own feelings. Pack be damned.
Add to Technorati Favorites