Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Own Rock Hall Wish List: Thoughts

I was thinking that maybe that list of my own Rock Hall wannabes was way too long.   But then I thought, not really, because the Rock Hall really is missing some important names.
Some voters, and even a Rock Hall NomCom member (Robert Hilburn), think that the Hall has too many inductees.  And that once you've inducted the legends, you're left with, well, leftovers.  But my feeling is that what the Rock Hall has included as "Rock" has so many branches:  Gospel, R&B, Hip-Hop, Country, Jazz, Pop, etc., that there are bound to be a bunch of names left in the dust that should be considered.  If all the Hall did was just plain Rock acts and none of the other genres that I mentioned, then yeah, we could complain that too many sub-standard names are being considered.  So, I feel comfortable including lots of intriguing names.
Add to Technorati Favorites