Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dad at 80


I bought my Dad books for his Birthday.  Usually Military history or Sports ones.  It was fun to go to bookstores (remember them?) and find stuff for him to read.  

He would have turned 80 years old today.  His Birthday comes one month after his passing in February, so the 2 months are always sentimental to me.

But I loved the man more today than I did when he was alive.  I think that's always the case with loved ones who pass away.  

I'm comforted in knowing that he touched many more lives besides his own family. He was a humble hero, those are the ones I admire most.

He would have a good laugh at knowing that his 80th Birthday was here.  

I've seen people on Facebook wonder why we wish Happy Birthday to those that are departed. 
If it's a family member, we do it because we can still feel their presence.

So, Happy 80th Dad!   


Add to Technorati Favorites