Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Last month I mentioned a song that my Mom always liked that would surprise anyone that has ever met her, "Whiter Shade of Pale".

For Father's Day I bring you a song that also may surprise some as one of my Dad's favorites.  He had mentioned it to me when I was a teenager and played the single in my room.  And when I was older we were at a Pizza place and the same song came on the jukebox.

My Dad had good taste in music. I often credit him with giving me my eclectic tastes.  But when you're a teenager and a young adult you never think your parents like the same stuff you do.  It's not something you sit around and discuss.

But whenever my Dad heard "Hey Jude" by the Beatles it always sparked a great reaction.  I don't know why that song was the one.  It was 1968 and my Dad was serving time in Vietnam, so maybe that song got played a lot on Armed Forces Radio.

But to this day, whenever it comes on I tell anyone within earshot what that song means to my Dad.  And to me.
Add to Technorati Favorites