Saturday, January 16, 2021

An Album/Song A Week: Bee Gees - Main Course

It has remained a mystery to me for 45 years.  How did the Bee Gees 1975 album, Main Course, come to be the first album I ever bought?  In fact, up to that point, I never even bought a single.  Some of it had to do with the third single from that album, "Fanny", a wonderful slice of Bee Gees style R&B that peaked at #12 in 1975.  
The reason I was able to buy anything back then was a bi-monthly allowance from my Mom.  And money given to me every time I did something good in a football/basketball/baseball game.  What Main Course did open up to me was that albums had many other songs that were just as good as the singles I heard on the radio.  Of course, my sister had albums.  But too often I was more focused on the one or two hits I knew.  Now I'm noticing album tracks.  
It was the start of a long journey that I'm still riding along with today.  One harmless purchase resulted in a record collection that I'm still proud of today.  
Add to Technorati Favorites