Sunday, December 11, 2011

Freddie King

The ballots are in and counted and soon the Rock Hall will announce their 5 inductees and (probably) sidemen, etc.
My 5 names that I predicted:  Donovan, Small Faces/Faces, Chili Peppers, Guns 'n Roses and Heart.
But now I think I'll be wrong.  I started to feel a Freddie King momentum shift pick up after the nominees were announced.  While some might think he's a marginal Bluesman to induct ( I prefer Albert King) the fact is that if fellow Hall members actually send in their ballot, King could get in first time nominated.  King is the type of  name that usually sneaks in right away.  I mean if Clapton, Buddy Guy,  B.B., Jeff Beck, Robbie Robertson and bunch of other Hall members punch in his name, he'll only need a few more non-artist votes to get in.

I had him as my wild card choice.  But just ahead of the announcements, I think I'd chance the Peppers for him.  And, yes, I know I didn't slot my beloved Spinners this year.
More on all of this after the inductees are announced.
Add to Technorati Favorites