Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chocolate Soup for Diabetics

A friend gave me a CD-R of British Psych from the late 60's.  Mostly Summer of Love era.  It's a compilation cut down from a 5 CD series called Chocolate Soup for Diabetics.  You can buy all 5 for $65 bucks from Amazon.  Not bad for Import prices.

But this CD seemed more than enough.  It's good, it's out-there if you know what I mean.  But this isn't really a post about this type of music.

My larger point is that there is so much music that seems to have passed us by.  Not just what is being released today but in the past.  People always say that no one can keep up with all the stuff put out now, compared to the "old days".  But skimming through a Shindig magazine, makes me think that there was just as much left behind then as is now.

That's why I always tell people that the greatest record I've ever heard is still out there to be discovered.
Add to Technorati Favorites