Saturday, November 09, 2013

End of Blockbuster

All of our Blockbuster stores closed over a year ago.  We've become a streaming nation.  And while Netflix still ships out DVD's, they really don't want to.  You can go to VOD for the latest release if you want to watch something.  And for other movies, just wait around, because they will show up on HBO or Showtime or one of those other channels.

Buying DVD's might still be around.  But for how long?  Maybe as long as CD's are still in your local Target or Best Buy.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure that there's even a small video store left in my whole County.  I used to love the small ones.  They hung on until Blockbuster or Hollywood Video moved in, and then they folded.  But now everyone is gone.  You can try those little Redbox rentals, but I've never been tempted.

It's a new era for everything.  We  better adapt.
Add to Technorati Favorites