Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mom's Birthday

Today my Mom turned 83 years old.  Still strong of mind and healthy.

My sister had a bunch of 45 singles that she used to play over and over.
When she moved out she left them behind for me.
I too would play them, at least until I replaced them with better versions years later.

One of those singles was "Whiter Shade of Pale".
My Mom would hear me playing that single and always tell me how much she liked that song.
I was young and never asked her why she liked it so much.
This was pretty much the same with my Dad who had a love for "Hey Jude".  Again, no clue what made them gravitate to these things.

But with my Mom it always interested me.  I'm guessing it was the sound of the song.  I doubt she paid too much attention to the lyrics.  But no matter, whenever that song came on the turntable, and if she was around to hear it, she always made a positive comment about it.

Happy 83rd Birthday Mom!


Add to Technorati Favorites